Saturday, June 5, 2010

Antiquing Treasures!

A few weeks back, I had a lovely visit with my mother-in-law!
*
We met up at the antiques shops about 20 minutes away from my house.
*
We chatted while roaming through the shops, eyeing lots and lots of treasures.
*
I love going antiquing with my mom or mother-in-law as I'll run across things, wondering what their original purpose was, and my moms will say, "Oh, I remember my grandma using one of these for . . . "
*
We chatted and laughed, and ate lunch at the little "Outback Post" restaurant situated right in amongst the shops.
*

We left after lunch to go pick up my kindergartner from school, but even the 2 1/2 hours we had were enough to find some treasures.
*
I left with an enamelware baby bath that I paid $2.00 for, which is now serving to rinse feet in before entering the pool. :) I also bought 6 zinc canning lids for 50 cents apiece. And my mother-in-law purchased a lovely candle for me that smells of fresh rain! {thanks, Mom!}
*
All in all, we had a wonderful time together. I actually went back the next day to purchase a $5 screen door for the back door of our house {we don't have one as yet}, which will need some paint, hinges, and a handle. So, another project to get done this summer! :)
*
Have a LOVELY weekend!

Fondly, Kate

1 comment:

  1. What fun to go shopping with your 2 "Moms" That is wonderful and what great bargains :) T.

    ReplyDelete