Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bird's Nests . . . WHY GREEN?

If you've poked around my Etsy shop, you may have seen my bird's nest creations. If so, you may well be wondering, "Why are they all GREEN?" GOOD QUESTION!

It is not that I don't understand that most bird's nests are of a grayish-brown color. I mean no disrespect to all of our feathered friends out there!
*
I just happen to love the notion of a nest being a living thing, green and growing.
*
After all, a nest is a symbol of home, sanctuary, respite from the world, a new beginning, life, and family, amongst other things. In my mind, a nest can never be something drab, dull or without life. This is not to say that I will never create a bird's nest of another color. I can appreciate the calming and comforting colors of weather-worn gray and warm brown. Those colors have their own wonderful symbolism too!
*
I do, however, LOVE the symbol of a green and growing nest as relating to HOPE . . . which is sometimes, the ONLY thing that carries us through the dark and lonely valleys of our lives. There is always hope!

And I'm happy to offer just a snippet of that hope through my GREEN bird's nests. :)

Fondly, Kate


3 comments:

  1. I like the green :)

    I left an award for you on my blog... http://anticipationcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete