Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bold to Beautiful


I admit it, I'm a junkaholic! 

One morning, as I was taking kids to school last year, I saw this cute little aqua dresser sitting out front of a neighbor's house with a 'FREE' sign taped to it. 

I did a double take, at which time, my wonderful husband said, "Don't even think about it". I promised him I wouldn't come back and pick it up . . . 


so, I dropped everyone off at school, drove right back, and threw it in the back of our minivan. Took it home and hid it in the garage for awhile until I could get to it.

We were in sore need of a quilt chest in the livingroom. So I removed two drawers and the cross-beams, gave it a fresh coat of white paint, and filled it full of quilts.


Although I thought the aqua was wonderful, most furniture that is to stay in my house MUST be painted white!

I think it turned out pretty great! {and my husband liked it too}!

Three cheers for turning junk into junque! :)

Fondly, Kate

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I have to giggle at you! I do the same thing! I think your little quilt chest looks and functions great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we junkaholics must stick together! lol Your 'junque' turned out beautifully and your quilts are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely "Re-do" <3!!!
    I always take damaged items home from the furniture store I work in..never the "new stuff"...Peops always say "I bet your house is filled with great items because you own a furniture store!" But I tell them that I give new life to unwanted things in my house lol!---I think it is such a lovely venture and path to follow---to re-create and give new life to formerly "unloved and un-appreciated" items! Kate..your new chest is really the "Best" imo LOL!

    ReplyDelete