Monday, May 10, 2010

Flea Market Style

Good Monday Morning, Lovelies!
*
I was in the supermarket a week ago and ran across this absolutely BEAUTIFUL, CREATIVE AND INSPIRING magazine!
*
I picked it up and thumbed through it {back to front, as I am left-handed and that's the easiest way to read magazines!}
*
I looked at the price: $9.95
*
I set it back down {I don't usually spend money on indulgences like this! Especially not almost $10!}
*
I thought about it all evening!
*
Two days later I was at the supermarket again buying some strawberries for shortcake. Without giving myself time to think about it, I grabbed the magazine and checked out!
*
I must say, I am glad that I bought it!!! I've been perusing it almost every evening since then!
*
*
This magazine is FILLED with tons of great ideas and GORGEOUS photos! Ever thought of using an old metal funnel as a pendant light??? Yeah, me neither! There are yo-yo flowers, eight ideas of how to use old books, a feature on lace, a potting shed makeover, a Garden Party feature, and a super-simple recipe for homemade raspberry jam . . . amongst many other wonderful ideas, tips and lovely pictures! Did I mention an eight page cupcake-decorating section??? :)
*
Authored by style guru Matthew Mead, and Ki Nassauer {co-author of several Junk Market books and www.junkrevolution.com}, this magazine features the shabby chic, vintage, cast-off, well-worn, historic, and imaginative!
*
They even have a website for the new magazine! www.fleamarketstylemag.blogspot.com They aren't offering subscriptions as yet, but you can bet that when they do, I'll be one of the first to subscribe!
*
It's on shelves now and I think I even saw some floating around ebay the other day!
*
Well, toodles! I'm off to spackle and paint my bathroom {we took down a gigantic medicine cabinet and huge light fixture to be replaced with a lovely vintage mirror and simple country lighting!}
*
Have a LOVELY day!
*
Fondly, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment