Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Fancies

Wishing all you lovelies a BEAUTIFUL Friday! :)
*
I awoke to a lovely thunderstorm this morning! It is completely overcast and quite dark outside. The perfect day to light a few candles, wrap yourself in a blanket and snuggle in with a good book.
*
As one of the administrators of the Positivity Team on Etsy, I've decided to kick off our newest team feature, "Friday Fancies" with a few items from my Etsy Favorites here on my blog. Hope you enjoy them!
*
I love the soft, crinkly texture of this absolutely BEAUTIFUL Cabbage Roses Ribbon from Memrie Mare! I would love to wrap this around the waist of a lovely cotton eyelet dress, or tie up my hair with it, or use it to embellish a thoughtful gift for a friend. Beautiful color and so nicely presented! It looks so yummy, I'm not sure if I would use it or eat it up!

Okay, I must admit, I really don't iron our clothing much! I prefer wash and wear items, and those that appear like they're supposed to look a bit rumpled. But this LOVELY, cottagy Trirose Ironing Board Cover from City Chic Country Mouse makes me want to grab my clean laundry and iron it all! {I must say, that I DO iron fabric that I turn into skirts for myself, and various other sewing projects}. The fabric is lovely and perfect in keeping with my shabby chic cottage style!


Lastly, for those dreamy days, this whimsical Shabby Chic Buttercream blouse from My Fair Maiden is so fun! I think I would wear it everywhere! While hanging out my laundry on the line, baking a loaf of homemade whole wheat bread, and to a lovely Spring Garden Party! I absolutely adore the pieced-together, romantic feel of this blouse! It puts my heart in a flutter!


Just a few lovelies to share with you today!
*
Have a beautiful, long, restful weekend! I'm off to fix up a cup of homemade white hot chocolate and enjoy the thunderstorm!

Fondly, Kate

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring our ironing board cover on your lovely blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete