Monday, May 24, 2010

Garden Party

After a week of mulching, mowing, weed-whacking, pruning, amongst various other lawn chores, I was ready to host a Garden Party at my home last Thursday.
*
Thank heavens for a dear friend who helped me weed my front walkway, fold my laundry, bake, and more! We worked together a good part of the day Thursday setting up for the Party and Plant Exchange!
*
The results were phenomenal! I expected to have a nice evening with friends! But I wasn't prepared for how much fun we all would have together!!!
*

{top row, starting from top left}

Baby sage plants ready to be planted in a kitchen herb garden, sweet little violets with their cheery faces, time to eat! {the menu consisted of quiche, lettuce with garden-fresh greens, broccoli salad, fresh strawberries, homemade marshmallows, and chocolate mousse tarts with coconut shortbread crusts}

{middle row, starting from left}

homemade marshmallows with real strawberry and raspberry puree, a nice little gathering spot in my backyard filled with vintage metal chairs and various other odd items, potting up herbs

{bottom row, starting from left}

species columbine for exchanging, friends exchanging plants, wildflower seed packets for all to take home and scatter

The evening was filled with good food, lots of chatting, learning how to take and start cuttings, laughter, and really . . . too, TOO much fun!!!

*

I'm definitely planning on making this an annual event!

*

Happy Gardening Season!

Fondly, Kate

4 comments:

  1. I've been craving your marshmallows! Would you be so kind as to post your recipe or send it to me via email? PRETTY PLEASE! :O) It looks like you had a fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was SO MUCH FUN! Wish you both were there!!! :) And yes, Crystal, I'll post my marshmallows recipe on my blog next week! I've gotten a few requests for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dnicecraft: Your blog is fantastic!, you pick and show beautiful items! I love the Lonkoosh's shop, She sell beautiful things!

    www.dnicecraft.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete